- For many people, dental implants offer teeth replacement that looks and feels very natural. They are usually the best option in replacing missing teeth.
- Surgically placed below the gums, implants fuse to the jawbone and serve as a base for individual replacement teeth, bridges or a denture. Implants negate the need to shape adjacent teeth to support new teeth.
- Denture Implants - Integration of the implants into your jaw also helps a denture feel more stable. Dentures can attach to the very secure implant and makes a more reliable and comfortable fit.
- Candidates for dental implants need to have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. We specialize in San Rafael dental implants for Marin County including San Anselmo, Larkspur, Novato, Ross, Fairfax, Greenbrae, and Kentfield CA.
(actual case by Dr. McDowell)
Steps to an Esthetic Implant Restoration
1. Patient had implant surgically places and has now healed
2. Patient wore a temp implant to model gingiva to ideal shape.
3. A white (Zirconium) abutment is screwed into the implant
to create a strong, yet esthetic foundation. A metal abutment
would show a darkshadow in the patients gingiva, making
a less cosmetic result.
4. An all ceramic crown is cemented onto the white abutment
in the sameshape as the temporary which modeled the
gingiva, creating the appearance of a real tooth erupting from
the patients gums.